Geoffrey X Lane
Revolutionary Presentation Power NLP
Imagine yourself as a public speaker stunning people with charismatic, well delivered presentations. Imagine your audience enjoying your presentation mesmerized by your style and wanting to share everything you said with their friends.
Public speaking is not a gift to be enjoyed by the privileged few it is an essential skill for modern life and key attribute for your personal success. Attend this course if you want to learn the best and the latest public speaking, and presentation skills using NLP training techniques for amazing performances and presentations.
Do You Have Trouble Presenting to A Crowd?
Public speaking is not a gift to be enjoyed by the privileged few.
I know what it feels like to want to deliver a message and touch people’s lives – then to get stopped by fear. I am a shy introvert by nature, and I had a message to get out. The fear and nervousness of public speaking stopped me again and again. Then I discovered the secrets to becoming a powerful public speaker. Today I love public speaking, and everything to do with it! I have spent decades studying, practicing and teaching the art and science of public speaking.
Personal Presentation Coaching
Public Speaking Experience From 1973
I wrote the original program to satisfy requests from colleague’s and people who had watched me speak and then wanted coaching and training on how to speak publicly. That was not the first time I had been asked to help with speaking skills and I found it fascinating.
My path to becoming a public speaker was less structured and more experimental than any traditional training. It was 1973 and I had been asked to speak at a small group that was in Prince George British Columbia. I said yes, but really didn’t have an idea of how to go about it, like most people it looked easy – lol.
I did my first speaking event, I threw up and was generally frustrated, but also hooked…
I challenged myself to learn and that led to a 13year public speaking journey. My partner Lisa Kerfoot and I ran the business during the week and about twice a month or so I would leave to speak at a convention, it was lots of fun and I learned a great deal. This led to two speaking tours of Australia, regular speaking at conventions for Redken Cosmetics throughout Canada and the United States. I was beginning to really understand the “How To” of presentation and public speaking skills!
Firewalking and Change
Next Steps and the Pursuit of Excellence
Then my life took a dramatic turn (divorce) and I found myself really looking at who I was and what I did. I was introduced to a man named Tony Robbins by Nicole Clements. Tony was starting out that time, he was teaching fire walking out at the UBC beach in Vancouver. The agreement was I would teach or demonstrate my speaking skills to Tony, and he would teach me NLP and fire-walking. We spent several days in Vancouver with me demonstrating and modelling my skills and asking me in a huge amount of questions. I then went to San Diego to experience fire-walking and being instructed in NLP. It was a wild time, I stayed with Tony and learned so much from him and did fire walking myself. I then became an avid student of NLP, Virginia Satir and the teachings of Milton Erickson. This proved to be the start of my journey into self-awareness.
My next step was to take the “The Pursuit of Excellence” by Context it was brilliant and added to my growth.
The Pursuit of Excellence
NuSpeak & Presentation Power – 1996
I immersed myself in the POE and took a deeper look at my own communication skills and others and the impact that it has on their lives and those around them. Then off to “The Haven” for more workshops. Within a year I was leading “The Advancement of Excellence”. Within another year I was leading the “Pursuit of Excellence”; a 45hour’s over five days, my mentor in that process was Peggy Merlyn and Jim Sorenson, both brilliant facilitators. I was involved for nine years and loved every minute of it.
Yes, that’s me on bottom right…
I launched my first presentation and public speaking program in Victoria BC, this was a Beta test to see how and what worked. I use my experience and understanding of rapid learning, cognitive psychology and NLP. It was a hit, and I started to lead regular programs and speaking about it to other people all the time. People told me it was revolutionary, that they had learned more in the two days than six months at Toastmasters. It was and is learning by doing experience and the retention of knowledge by the anchoring processes built into the program.
Helping Others Achieve
Building A System That Produces Results
I remember one call from participant who wanted to know what I had done as she had gotten up to speak and didn’t feel nervous, but didn’t know how it worked – I laughed – Patricia was particularly nervous during the program and yet took every step and did every assignment that she was quite good when it was finished, but didn’t believe that she would ever be ready. She later proved herself wrong.
UBC And The Presentation Power Workshops
Presentation Power at UBC
I had a participant who was very eager and kept asking lots of questions, it was only at the end of the workshop did she reveal that she was from UBC, and that started a conversation about me bringing the workshop to UBC. Over the summer we had several meetings in the required me to give them a more complete workbook, we had several discussions about the intellectual property, and they agreed it was mine and so I gave them my full workbook. Then I got pulled into a special meeting because they were concerned about NuSpeak and didn’t want to be promoting a workshop with the same name as my book, after brainstorming and much discussion I/we decided upon Presentation Power.
I continued to study NLP and Cognitive Psychology. I wrote, led and regularly updated Presentation Power during my eight years with UBC, and the Sauder School of Business, it was a great experience.
Presentation Power Great news we were granted Trademark in 2003
The Canadian Winter Olympic Bid 2003
Presentation Power on a Global Stage
They asked me to come or prepare the speakers and of course I said yes. Only to find athletes, technical experts and volunteers who had various degrees of speaking ability, the biggest which was fear! They gave me a room and I spent three weeks editing down speeches and coaching for specific presentation. These were long days and short nights full of stress.
Feeling Overwhelmed By The Options Out There?
Harness the potential of the Geoffrey X Lane Method today, and let go of any of the uncertainty and confusion.
Today’s Presentation Power™
The Presentation and Speaking Program.
Now that I could transfer the skills in a very short period of time, much shorter than I had thought and I wanted to incorporate that learning into Presentation Power program.
Mastering the fear of public speaking and getting comfortable speaking in public will be a great confidence boost, not to mention a huge benefit to your career.
Geoffrey’s background as a speaker and coach will give you in-depth knowledge on developing an speech and delivering your presentation and deliver it with power. Geoffrey authored and led the “Presentation Power” workshop at “The Sauder School of Business” at the University of British Columbia.
I focus on enhancing your natural and authentic self and I will coach you in developing your presentation and communication skills naturally.
Presentation Power™ NLP is about learning how to utilize NLP patterning to design and deliver first class presentations. This course puts attention on the core skills of public speaking, such as your state, how you use your voice and physiology to convey the messages that resonate and make deep connections with your audience. With the right trainer state, you are calm and able to connect with the audience. Your tone enhances your words and your physiology anchors the message giving concrete meaning to the presentation you are giving.
Presentation Power™ NLP Course objectives
After this module, you will have the ultimate public speaking toolbox, to engage any audience with confidence, connect easily with the unconscious mind of group members, design presentations to match different learning styles and you will be remembered after presentations for your charismatic style, individuality and effective communication style.
This is What You’ve Been Waiting For!
Hone your presentation skills, develop effective stage skills, and learn how to be persuasive. All in a very short period of time!
Trainer State and Self Awareness
For Charismatic Public Speaking
- The optimal Trainer State for engaging any audience with confidence
- How to have absolute certainty on stage and break any fears connected with public speaking
- Developing a high level of self-awareness as a presenter so you are tuned into all feedback
- Triple description as a mechanism for self-feedback for continual self-improvement as a presenter and public speaker.
To increase audience responsiveness and reduce resistance
- How to develop rapid group rapport with large and small audiences for you as a presenter to have total attention of the group
- Identifying informal group leaders and utilising the natural influence they have with other members of the group
- Pacing and leading the conscious and unconscious mind of audience members building individual and group responsiveness
- How to answer difficult questions with rapport enhancing your credibility
- How to quickly read an audience so you can maximise the effect of your message
- Understanding how groups, sub-groups and individuals relate to each other to accentuate group rapport and create a harmonious learning environment
Facilitation & Process of Learning
How to build dynamic and engaging sessions
- How to build dynamic and engaging sessions to maximise the interest in your presentation
- Creating sessions that harness the conscious and unconscious mind of learners creating a lasting “whole mind”™ learning experience
- Framing presentations to set the scene for conscious expectations
- Delivering tailored sessions for unconscious learning and long term behavioural change
- Orchestrating sessions designed for different learning styles so all audience members feel included
Maximizing the interaction with the audience
- How to transform interruptions into effective teaching points minimising the effect of the interruption and keeping your presentation on track
- Recognising and answering the question behind the question, satisfying the deeper learning requirements of the questioner
- Elegantly handling hecklers/troublemakers and get them on your side giving you a greater and more natural authority with the overall group
- Using misdirection as means of distracting the conscious mind and taking the learners into unexpected and positive territories going beyond expectations
- Designing charismatic presentations using multiple descriptions and connecting with the audience at a sensory level creating enhanced recollection
Physiology and Tonality
The effective use of physiology & tonality to create charisma
- Utilising different postures for different steps in the presentation sequence making it easy for the learner to experience the distinct types of content in your presentation
- The distinctive tonalities anchored to visual, auditory and kinaesthetic language to create heightened charisma in your style and versatile learning experience in the group
- Tonal anchors to connect the unconscious minds of group members to the desired states inherent in your presentation
- The hidden structure of charisma and the ultimate verbal rapport tool
The Presentation Power:
This program will help you gain the knowledge, experience, skills and confidence you need to guarantee your message gets understood, recognized and acted upon in this visually overloaded world. And one of these workshops will put your professional presentation fears to rest – once and for all!
I’d Love To Hear From You
I love training people to become public speakers, as it allows me to help them create what they want. Using my experience, the failures, the success, discoveries and trials I have discovered how to help you become a confident, powerful, inspiring public speaker — and much, much faster and easier than it took me.
I can help YOU tell your story!
The spoken word has the POWER to transform, influence, inspire and persuade. Nothing happens until communication begins. Great ideas have no impact until they are given voice. Your voice to deliver your message with impact.