Nine Things About Me…
When people ask me what I do for a living, I tell them: I help people show up and lead authentic lives!
After all these years I’ve come to accept myself as I am and not try to fix myself. I’ve learned it’s simply more empowering to accept yourself as you are, and be at peace with yourself. When I’m able to be responsible for the way I am, without justification or rationalization, new possibilities for being come into existence. I find myself growing naturally, without effort. I am constantly researching practical ideas and solutions about technology, human communications and psychology.
I have studied, experimented and personally tested what I coach and train people to do: – which is how to lead, speak publicly, make a pitch, give a presentation, and to create a life you truly want!
Nine Things You May Not Know About Me…
- The first time I got up to speak I was terrified, in fact I threw up backstage, but it was a new challenge and problem to be solved and I was hooked.
- I worked as a hairdresser in London during the late 1960’s… the stories I could tell!
- I am Dyslexic and this so called ‘dis-ability’ is a tremendous advantage in pattern recognition.
- I wrote for and taught “Presentation Power” and “Sales Talk” for the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia.
- I love science fiction/fantasy movies and books. That’s right, I was a nerd before it was cool!
- I was the speech coach for the Winter Olympic Bid for Canada in 2002/2003 and we won the right to host the 2010 Winter Olympics and it was brilliant!
- I try to spend as much time as I can being a “beach bum” yes the beach is where I relax.
- I go through periods of trying to give up coffee, but am always seduced again by the smell of espresso!
- I had a multiple bypass heart surgery August 2014, then ran the Spartan Sprint in June 2015! Yup it’s good to be alive!
I’m living proof that your creativity can bankroll your passions – and that it’s never too late to make your dreams real, whether you want to be an amazing leader, get a standing ovation, be a great coach, or completely rule your industry! Always show up Geoffrey
My Eclectic Education
2018 I went to Inspired Outcomes, a school in Quelph, Ontario to refresh and update my NLP education from Allen Kanerva, recognized as one of Canada’s leading NLP Educators and experts. Brilliant Trainer.; NLP Practitioner Training, PACE Coaching Program and Hypnosis Training.
2000 I wanted to bring more spontaneity to my speaking and training so I went Carousel Theatre School on Granville Island: Improv Theatre for 8 weeks
1993/1995 I was hired to write a training manual while at Investors Group. I became certified, earning my Brokers License, Financial Planning, Insurance License, Level 1 & 2 Mutual Funds Licenses.
1985/1988 I went to Professional Development Seminars: The Haven, on Gabriola Island BC. The Haven is a non-profit learning centre on beautiful Gabriola Island in British Columbia, Canada. The focus is self-responsibility, effective communication, healthy relationships, creative expression, and integration of mind-body-spirit. I took the 5 day residential programs: Come Alive – Couples Workshop – Men Body and Energy – Anger and Boundaries – Creative Planning Workshop (Licensee)
1986 I joined Context Associated in 1986 and entered their 2 year Program Leaders Training; where I studied the background to and then led “The Pursuit of Excellence” program for 8 years. I also learned how to the lead The Wall and The Advancement of Excellence, but my focus was “The Pursuit of Excellence” program.
1985 I took the 5 day The Pursuit of Excellence following up with The Wall 6 days residential program and then The Advancement of Excellence 8week program
1984 Virginia Satyr – 3 day workshop. I went to my first NLP Training 7day program and Fire Walking Coach Training with Anthony Robbins in San Diego
1966 I migrated to Vancouver BC Canada the biggest learning experience in my life.
1965 Vidal Sassoon Academy on Bond St London UK.
1962 BBC Television- evening classes theatrical make-up while in college
1961-1963 South West College of Education, Watford, Herts, UK 2-year Diploma program Cosmetology & Salon Management
1961 Graduated from Campions Secondary School (General Certificates of Education). I was the School Athletic Captain, Senior Prefect
1945 Born in Plymouth Devon and raised in London UK.